KAM Futures is a research and development based consultancy that specialises in the energy, transport and ICT sectors.
KAM Futures was founded in 2011 by Keith McCabe an innovator and thought leader in the energy, transport and ICT sectors.
Since its foundation in 2011 KAM Futures has been involved a number of innovative research projects, collaborating with a range of industry leading partners and academic institutions.
The research and development initiatives include:
• UK Industry Partner to the EU Cost Project on Autonomic Road Transport Systems
• Providing specialist technical support to CH2M Hill on the deployment of Active Traffic Management in Pennsylvania and New
Jersey and with the development of guidance for the Federal Highways Administration on Active Traffic Management Deployment
• Providing research and development support to ImTech UK for Technology Strategy Board transport initiatives
• Project lead on the cross sector Technology Strategy Board energy, ICT and transport project the Ebbs and Flows of Energy. This project brought together the low carbon vehicle specialists Cenex, with the engineering and ICT expertise of the University of Cardiff and the specialist energy expertise of the Energy Saving Trust supported by the ICT specialists ITS Technologies
• The authorship of the ITS Futures section of the forthcoming PIARC World Highways Association ITS Handbook